Monday, August 10, 2015

Washed Away

 The weather has taken a turn for the worse, remember the last week in July  when it rained seemingly without stopping? well it's like that here today, it's never a good sign when the weather says the chance of rain is 100%


Going to Whittier involves The tunnel, I went through it last year , I followed a massive lorry through as the last vehicle on the 10.30 . driving on wet train tracks in a left hand drive car is a challenge to say the least!




Where do you go when it's raining hard? out to sea on a glacier viewing tour.... after all you can't possibly get any wetter. A smart move on my part was packing a waterproof coat so I wasn't too bad, just windy and dripping g when I came in to the inside of the boat, which wasn't very often as I had been assigned a seat on a table with a family of  5 and they were clearly put out at having a stranger placed with them, I was put out when they changed the baby's nappy on the seat where we were eating . So I guess we were about even!
















The ice on the glackeys cracking sounds like lorries thumping on a road but really loud.

On the return trip we passed a Kittiwake rookery, 5000 kittiwakes living on a rock, they seem to be having a good time up there for the summer!








I had ordered the fish and chip meal but I think I might have made an error in translation because this is what I got..?


No comments:

Post a Comment