Wednesday, August 5, 2015

nice cup of tea

It’s not meant to be an all singing, all dancing camera, just a cheapish replacement for my poor Panasonic. I tried it out on Target’s car park.




It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles on it, I can’t control much by myself, none of the features I use AND it’s about 5 times the size... I hate big cameras, I don’t get lens envy!  Nor do I get hotel envy as you can probably tell by the way I slept in the SUV last night.


Anyone who knew Dennis will find this scene familiar, Dennis never went very far without a flask or a stove and saucepan. To make a “nice cup of tea”
The paraffin stove he used to boil his water must have dated from pre WW2 days, it was a terrifying thing that leaked and smelled and had to come into the house to cook on when there was a power cut.... which, growing up in the 60s and 70s was a great many occasions with no power.
I do have to confess that at one scenic rest stop I pulled out the stove and made a “nice cup of coffee” .... so there you are...I am Dennis’’s daughter after all!!






The mountains get bigger out the window so I must be approaching the park!





See I told you there weren't many roads in Alaska !


No comments:

Post a Comment