Saturday, April 26, 2014

Who Knew

  The flight from LA is another 5 1/2 hour flight, this time in a 757 the legroom at the bulkhead in seat 1A is about a foot less than the 737 and the seats seems to recline to the same extent.
Champagne or Mimosa as a pre flight drink, it wasnt until he had walked away with the tray that I remembered that Mimosa is american for Bucks Fizz, accompanied by the dish of nuts. didnt they used to be warm nuts?. The chicken Caesar salad was never going to match the BA offering but I just couldnt eat another thing .........Until the ice cream sundae was wafted infront of me which I managed to struggle down.
The "choppy" ride promised by the Captain tuned out to be no worse than the wobbling you get in the middle of the jetstream, which in turn is not as choppy as the ride home from Heathrow in the back with Dunc driving the Hungerford road, thats the road where I first discovered that you could close your eyes when he took on  an overtaking manouvre that I wouldnt have attempted, I screwed my eyes tight shut and when I opened them it was all over, it made me a much calmer passenger over the years!

Waikki is hot this morning,but luckily there is a bit of a breeze blowing so a days coach touring shouldnt be too bad, its not until I noticed everyone else wearing considerably less than I was that I realised I might be overdressed, the British just dont get hot weather, go to a warm country and you can tell the Brits they are the ones carrying cardigans and umbrellas because they just dont trust the weather whereas the locals just take it for granted that it will be nice all day.

Who Knew??
That coffee plants look like this



That pineapples dont have a season, they are just ripe when they are ripe




That bantam size chickens run wild all over the island



That water could be that blue


That this is a Hawaiian plate meal, the national lunch dish


That the weather can turn this quickly

Or that I am so far from home that its 10 Hours less to get to Oz than to get home


3 comments:

  1. Hey this is bugalugs I am in HNL right now (Friday 1657 local) . Proving up the bar at the hard rock. Not sure if you're about for a drink? I wonder if you were on the 297 last night from lax (thursday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bugalugs, I went straight to sleep after the tour, I was on 267 Thursday night. if you get hold of Ifewizard he is about saturday eve, I think JimEddie is as well for a meet

    ReplyDelete