Sunday, April 20, 2014

2 Sleeps to go

Not that we ever used the "sleeps" countdown in our family but you know what I mean!
 This is the route in more visual form, not a TP run in the purest sense as I am actually headed somewhere but more of a convoluted routing, a money saving routing as it turns out, saving over £2k on the direct route LHR-PHL




It seems I am a week late,well, a week later than the majority of TP runners reporting on FT, They may have seen the best of Hawaii, I am there for 3 days and the forecast is for rain and wind.
Not that its going to be easy to pack when the forecast temperatures for my 2 destinations are 20C apart, I may rethink my decision to go hand luggage only. Traveling on your own a checked bag is more of a liability, penalties and hysteria caused by leaving a bag for a split second are worse than if you had abandoned your own child.
  Mindful of the SNAFUs that have afflicted other runners in the last week or so I have a huge margin between flights. At its shortest a connection in a US airport involves getting off the plane at one gate, walking 20 yards to another gate and joining another queue to get on the next flight. At its longest it can involve a delayed flight, diverted to an international terminal, being felt all over by the TSA and rushing to the gate only to miss the flight.

I need to throw the cats out of my case, and get packing, Dunc was a last minute packer but I am not paying a tribute to his way of traveling, just disorganised!

No comments:

Post a Comment