Sunday, April 27, 2014

Jurassic park

After a mixed up night of sleeping and waking I went on a nature tour I had booked, much better than the day before which was with a different company, the guide was knowledgeable and the slant was definitely more my sort of thing, the animals and birds, the history of the places on the tour. The van was much more comfortable, my fellow tourists have been great both days and I have no problem about being on my own .



  What did make me slightly more nervous was the walk to the Hard Rock cafe along several streets I didnt know and masses of people, it was like Oxford st just before Christmas yet this was 7.15 in the evening. I dont navigate towns all that well so I wrote the instructions out before I left "walk 1 block turn left" then "walk 4 blocks, turn right" and clung to the piece of paper. Its the sort of thing I have always relied on Dunc for, I just dont take in that much detail about routes. 
      Meeting Bugalugs was great, good to catch up with a fellow FTer, we all seem to do the trips in isolation and end up catching each other at random places and airports. Bugalugs was in considerably better shape than me, he didn’t look like someone doing the double circuit, unfortunately I had to go after one drink as I couldn’t stay awake much longer but cheers, thanks for the chat.
(in case you are one of my friends or relatives reading this, meeting random strangers I have only talked to on the internet isn’t as dodgy as it sounds. No one doing the double circuit would have the energy to turn into an axe murderer)

Right then, todays tour
Japanese Budhist temple, complete with the big bell that you rang to remove all your earthy temptations, I had a think, some of my temptations, chocolate, champagne, I would quite like to keep so I watched others ring it instead!





I did light some incense, what it was I wished for......you will have to ask me when I get home

On through rainforest, mountains, beaches, every time we stepped out of the minibus it started to rain, warm rain but still not worth getting the camera wet for.







         They make a lot of films here apparently, even Jurassic Park was filmed here, they are busy filming another one here but no chance of seeing Jeff Goldblum. If the motion picture industry is as accurate as it is when filming aeroplane movies, then he probably goes into the jungle here and emerges in a clearing in Canada or something, I have seen planes take off as a 4 engine plane and land as a 2 engine plane so their attention to detail can be flaky!




        This poor turtle was trying to get some sleep on the beach, only to be surrounded by minibus loads of tourists, it isn’t dead, just very tired, it woke up to yawn a few times, according to the guide it was about 150 years old, 

Come to think of it,it does look like Jurassic park 


The soil is red because of the high iron content, its actually gone rusty, everything is covered with a fine layer of rust brown powder, it stains so I stayed well clear.

Back at the hotel tonight its impossibly humid, anywhere else and we would be expecting thunder and lightning but apparently they dont get thunder and lightning here........who knew  haha

The bed is a mess again why dont the North Americans understand duvets, sheets and blankets is sooo last century

No comments:

Post a Comment