Thursday, April 24, 2014

Landing like a chicken




Does this look like the international airport of a European capital city???

No, thought not, everything I like about Luxembourg seems to be reflected in their airport, Clean, bright multi lingual and not many people!      Anyway, LUX was a calm, experience, imagine that, you don’t have to fight your way to the queue, I didn’t use the lounge at LUX, the normal departures area was nice and bright and I am a hot person, it only takes a couple of degrees above jumper weather and I am too hot, so I stayed out in the cool area. Dont remember the Deli plate featuring as a breakfast from BRU but I stand to be corrected on this one.
The trauma of connecting through T1 isnt actually a trauma, if you want to go landside I think it is actually quicker to go through T1 immigration, down to the HEx and over to T5. I am a “go landside” person, I like a puff of fresh air between flights, unless its in MIA or MCO when nothing would drag me the wrong side of security.
737s land like chickens,  other types land like normal aircraft but watching them the 737 definitely lands like a chicken, granted chickens only fly a few feet at a time but the landing technique is the same.
I am in the lounge at T5 with a good view of the runway, the lunchtime gloops have given way to cake… Raspberry and almond or chocolate, I had to take one for the team and try both and the conclusion is stick to the raspberry and almond.
I could have predicted that it would be a B gate departure but I got caught up with eating and drinking in the Galleries South lounge, when I finally made the trip over to the B gates, I was lucky enough to walk straight onto the plane…and straight into a glass of Champagne- that resolution didn’t last long.
 Now, I hate wine, its one of those things like soup or yoghurt that has no purpose, I appreciate that the entire Roman empire couldn’t have been wrong in their devotion to bringing the vine to ancient Britain but to me, its just a waste of a clean glass. The sole exception to this is Champagne, this has a purpose..its fizzy and sharp and the more you drink the happier you get.


  BA have really gone to town on the Umami taste, Chicken Caesar salad with sun dried tomatoes, the lovely anchovies, the mature Parmesan, mmm. The guy in the next seat is disappointed with his Cod and mustard mash, I am disappointed with the pink Champagne he said was nice,  but he wins my admiration when he told me that not only was he one of the rare breed who had been in the loo on landing but it was a landing into Kai Tak .

Boston immigration report: joined queue 18.35 collected bag 19.05
Boston is cccold, just as well I packed that coat after all, but what the heck is it making my case so heavy? 

Night night 


No comments:

Post a Comment