Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Spanner in the works

....Happy that the flights missing from my booking on the BA website would turn up at check in time as the nice lady on the phone told me, I just left it and waited until check in time but check in time came and went and
NO FLIGHTS
how do I check in if there isnt a flight showing ? tried the AA website but it re directed to BA - same problem again
  Eventually someone at BA found the booking for me, it had been filed under a different number and I can now check in- too late to get a window seat but at least I am on the flight and a heart stopping moment avoided!

Here are the flights I am supposed to be on, I say supposed because the wind from ex Hurricane Gomzalo has been blowing a gale and loads of flights have been cancelled today, I know Dublin is a "windy" airport, I have heard the Ryanair pilots on live ATC daring each other to go for an approach when the winds are high.




Flying by the most direct route ie LHR-LAX-OGG would be another 4 grand and I wouldnt be going at all , the only way I can ever get to see these fab places is to go the long way round .

As usual, fate has thrown a spanner in the works, a whole toolbox really:

  • The car has thrown a strop, the indicator went and took half the electrics with it, hopefully I can get it patched up in time.
  • The cats have discovered me packing in secret and are now sulking, presumably because they want to sleep in the case I am taking.
  • The chickens are happy as long as someone is there to feed them their treats in the afternoon, except for the new girls who seem to genuinely forget where they should be sleeping
  • Dublin is another Swissport operated airport, the renowned "suitcase wheel killers"
  • flying at 7am from terminal 1 means being at terminal 5 in time to get the train to 1 which means leaving home at (gulp) 3.30am . 
  • Dublin flights switch from terminal 1 to terminal 5 while I am away, causing confusion with the parking people 
  • Oh and theres the small matter of a "Nor Easter" brewing over Boston


Ahh well, I hope the diversion is to somewhere interesting !

See you on the "other side"

1 comment:

  1. What is it with cats and suitcases? Mine go crazy and fight over who gets to sleep in it whenever one gets brought out from the spare room (the only cat free zone in the house)!

    Hope your journey was as smooth as it could under the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete