Friday, October 24, 2014

7-9 portions of fruit and veg a day

Sat on the tarmac at LAX is the first time I have seen the sun, I am not a hot weather person generally but theres nothing like a random sunbeam to make you feel all smiley.
A much easier take off thie tiime, last night in Boston the pilot flew his fly by wire beast climbing hard and fast like when you have to floor it in an old cortina to make it up the hill. I had seen a few landings wobble and sway in the storm while waiting to take off so at least I knew what was coming, he rounded the end of the runway and gunned it all the way up to 10,000 m.

Anyway leaving a sunny LAX for Maui






5 hours of watching iplayer and bland food later we are arriving into Maui
 I have always wondered about the indecent haste with which AA clear your tray away after eating, like Air Canada, they dont really get the whole umami and stronger tasting foods in the air thing...I used to think that I was the last to finish because using a knife and fork was less efficient than a fork alone but looking at the trays going back to the galley I can see that I have another quality which might account for my slowness...........I eat the salad! For a country where the recommended number of portions of fruit and veg is 7-9, one would think the great American flying public would be keener to get one down their necks inflight but it doesnt seem to be the case.






As I waited by the baggage carousel for my bag, it dawned on me that it was just me left and that my case had not made it with  me, not a massive deal since it only had a pair of sandals in , I guessed that things might be going wrong along the way so I packed eveything into my hand luggage at DUB . it arrived on the next flight and I can pick it up tomorrow so not a massive problem after all.

Looking for the bed and breakfast gave me an impromptu start on the road to Hana- its 50 miles long and apparently takes for ever to drive because of the tourists. I am going to drive all the way there with my eyes on the road and then back, stopping at different points along the way, although I am sure you get immune to the sights as you pass yet another beautiful beach or another waterfall!!!






How is the Pacific that blue??

No comments:

Post a Comment