Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Where was I again?

End of term and another of the school landmarks crossed off the list, a very short term as it turns out 4 weeks and 4 days of teaching, well actually 8 weeks work crammed into 4 weeks and 4 days..... that's why its still March and I am on another holiday.

News update

The poor cruiser had been making a load of noise from the front end for a couple of months, eventually with the noise becoming deafening and the ABS and Traction control lights on, the airbag light on,
The maxim "well the worst it can do is stop going" was uppermost in my mind when it occurred to me that it was actually stopping going. Luckily Al and his mate brought his Alfa down from Hatfield for me to drive, its not a rocket but at least it moves and stops unlilke mine! I will have to get a new car before the end of May when the tax and insurance run out on the Alfa especially as its  least endearing feature is that the heating is stuck on hot and with no back windows to open, its like a sauna in the summer.

2 weeks and the plan is
  • Gardening
  • Tidying
  • Trip to San Fransisco
well the tidying hasnt gone to plan but I have managed to get some done in the garden, an aquaintance gave me a hand putting up the shed, not easy with a plastic shed in the wind and 2 people under 5'9" . Calm and sunny the next day so i am considering trying to drag the cruiser out to B & Q for some more compost.

More compost
I have no idea where it goes, I had 5 bags of compost and topsoil delivered last year and it went nowhere, not just small bags either, cubic yard bags, digging was one of the things that helped me last year, Steve took me out into the garden the day after Dunc died and declared that we were going to tidy it, I spent months out there getting on with the plans we had made for the garden, not quite how Dunc would have wanted it, (he wanted to knock the shed down) I painted the shed and left it standing, built up some of the floor and put up some shelves for the collection of tools and junk that we had amassed over the 6 years here.
The Alfa has limited room for compost, Al's new Toyota has no room for more than one passenger, let alone any compost and the cruiser can comfortably fit half a dozen 125l bags, something to add to the criteria for a new car...must fit 6 bags of compost

No comments:

Post a Comment