Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Washed Away

It wasnt looking good from the moment we woke up, more rain, we were hoping for better weather like there seems to be at home at the moment but, what the heck we are on holiday, make the best of it!


The drive back was quite pretty when it stopped raining for a moment or two, lots of sweeping curves round mountains and valleys. Dunc wouldnt have minded the rain like I do, its never been my best driving conditions but I manned up and kept driving 




The Sonoma valley we drove through is wine country, I dont like wine, its a waste of a clean glass and the US drinking age is 21 so there wasnt any point in stopping apart from to see the neat rows of vines growing. Then it dawned on me.............grapes need water and water comes from ....RAIN so at least the grapes were happy, and probably the ducks too but I didnt see any!.
   One of the problems with American wildlife is that you dont recognise it when its run over beside the road.... there were a couple of big "somethings" but no idea what!


wine country... happy grapes!



No comments:

Post a Comment