Saturday, February 14, 2015

Should have brought a hat

  Its a few years since I was here when the weather is a brutal as this, stuff happens, you forget just how bone chilling it is.  For those at work the concept of me being cold is probably a little strange, I think I have mentioned being cold maybe 6 times in 10 years but for all of you and for the record, ITS CCOLD
  The weather channel are warning people to get all their errands done this morning and prepare to hunker down for a couple of days, buses, trains, all stopping at mid day... another foot of snow forecast......luckily the forecast here is a few inches, but a few inches on ground already frozen to -10 isnt going anywhere, its going to stay on the ground and get in the way



All this leads me to conclude that I should have been a little more attentive in my packing and brought a hat , or a hoodie, I hate hoodies but with chill like this I can appreciate their uses!

So, the trip ................ I happened to sit next to a heavy drinker on the flight to Dublin and the crew refilled my drink as often as they refilled his, well thats the excuse I am using for my over consumption of gin, way over consumption as it goes.. asleep by midnight in the hotel type over consumption. The same crew on the flight back to Heathrow recognised me and tempted me into just one more, by the time the delayed flight took off it was afternoon anyway so what the heck.

Having done a route march round Heathrow to get to the B gates, I was surprised to say the least to see a 747 sitting at the gate, only to be checked for boarding in the normal manner and directed down the stairs to.......


Yes, its a bus, they had us trek all the way over to the B gates to put us on a bus that we could have caught from the bus gate in the main terminal,
 Before terminal 5 was built, we were forever being bused to the plane and bused from the plane to the terminal when we arrived, buses were never the problem... stairs were the problem, Dunc and I used to joke that with 7 hours notice of the flight arriving at Heathrow they should at least be coordinated to manage a set of drive up stairs to get down to the bus!

Sat on the plane and waited
 and waited


Finally off and the chance to see a sunset over the West coast or Ireland





I just love the things you see from up here

No comments:

Post a Comment