Sunday, May 4, 2014

R & R



So a few days R&R at Lisa’s house, Thursday it rained all day, Jeff got a bit wet:

 but I have finally figured out what time zone I am in, it seems to correspond exactly with EST 5 hours behind BST. Which means Lis and I spend less time with one of us asleep and the other awake which is what usually happens, I go to bed at 7.30, then am wide awake at 3.00 by which time Lis is just going to bed!

Lisa, like me has turned to gardening since Mary died, we didn’t tell Mary about Dunc’s diagnosis  because we didn’t want to upset her. Last year I sent her Mothers day flowers on British mothers day which was March 10th as she is kind of my second mother, having assured the flower company in Mt Laurel I wasn’t going mad and yes, I did want the card to say mothers day even though the date in the US was May 12th. Lis said she looked at them for ages and knew who they were from so that was a comfort since she never made it to May 12th.

Georgie, Lisa’s nephew is supposed to be doing the fence but for the last 3 days he has got sidetracked by drinking on the deck with John and his friends,


 Saturday I went to get Jim Beam Maple for Al and Lis ended up buying “Mikes hard lemonade” and drinking on the porch as well.



You don’t really get lemonade like we have it in the US, the closest is sprite or 7 up but the hard lemonade is the cloudy sharp stuff we call traditional lemonade. Cider is flat and non alcoholic over here, if you want to get tipsy you have to find Hard cider, thankfully they don’t have any problem with getting Heineken and after 2 miller light and a bottle of Heineken, it went to my head, I am such a lightweight. Dunc always said he knew when I had a drink during the week when he was away because I could only manage half a bottle of Thatchers cider and left the other half in the fridge for days.

The boys are happy....


Even Sierra seems to be chillled

 I am not so chilled, I am stressed and panicky about going back to work, I know they are expecting me to go back and resume work at 100 miles and hour, I feel under immense pressure because my line manager went back to work 2 weeks after his wife died, 
I got an email saying the head wanted me to go in for a meeting and for some reason I told Andy I would go back after half term, things are always a bit hectic and preparing for the 6th form only adds to it, I feel the need to prove I am superwoman, I am no way ready to handle classes of kiddies, however well behaved, I can't even handle driving a left hand drive car and indicating for the correct turning . I gave school all I could for as long as I could but the meeting in January robbed me of any self confidence I had left, I felt totally destroyed and the next 8 weeks at home with Dunc were the most traumatic of my life. I just hope it doesnt end badly....

No comments:

Post a Comment